IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe an outdoor activity you did in a new place recently
Describe an outdoor activity you did in a new place recently
You should say:
Where and when you went there
What the activity was
Whether you asked for help in the activity
And explain why you attended the activity
Where and when you went there:
- Think of a recent trip you took to a new place where you did an outdoor activity.
- Explain where you went and when you went there.
- For example: "I recently went to Hawaii for a vacation and did an outdoor activity there."
What the activity was:
- Explain what the outdoor activity was and what you did during it.
- Maybe you went snorkeling, hiking, or kayaking.
- For example: "The outdoor activity I did in Hawaii was hiking to a waterfall. We followed a trail through the forest and crossed over streams until we reached a beautiful waterfall at the end."
Whether you asked for help in the activity:
- Share whether you asked for help during the outdoor activity.
- Maybe you had a guide or a friend who showed you how to do the activity safely.
- For example: "During the hike, we followed a guide who showed us the trail and gave us tips on how to climb over rocks and avoid slipping on the wet ground."
And explain why you attended the activity:
- Share why you decided to attend this outdoor activity in the new place.
- Maybe you wanted to explore the natural beauty of the location, or you wanted to try something new and exciting.
- For example: "I attended the hike to the waterfall because I wanted to see the beauty of Hawaii's nature up close. I also enjoy outdoor activities and wanted to challenge myself with a new adventure."
- "The new place where I did an outdoor activity was..."
- "Recently, I traveled to..."
- "The outdoor activity that I did was..."
- "What we did during the activity was..."
- "I asked for help during the activity because..."
- "Having someone guide us made the activity easier because..."
- "The reason why I attended the activity was because..."
- "I wanted to try something new and exciting, so I decided to attend the activity."
During my recent trip to New Zealand, I had the opportunity to engage in an exhilarating outdoor activity. The new place where I did this activity was Queenstown, known as the adventure capital of the country. It was a breathtaking experience that took place in early spring.
The outdoor activity I participated in was bungee jumping, an adrenaline-pumping adventure that I had always wanted to try. I had the chance to leap off the iconic Kawarau Bridge, which is renowned as the birthplace of commercial bungee jumping. It was a thrilling opportunity to embrace the beauty of the surrounding landscape while experiencing an intense rush of excitement.
Since it was my first time attempting such an extreme activity, I knew I needed guidance and reassurance. Therefore, I sought help from the professional staff at the bungee jumping facility. They provided detailed instructions on safety procedures, equipment usage, and proper jumping techniques. Their expertise and encouragement played a crucial role in alleviating my nervousness and boosting my confidence.
Attending this activity was driven by a combination of curiosity, a desire for adventure, and the urge to step outside my comfort zone. I wanted to challenge myself and conquer my fear of heights. Moreover, I wanted to immerse myself in the natural beauty of Queenstown, as the stunning surroundings only added to the allure of this thrilling experience.
Overall, bungee jumping in Queenstown was an unforgettable adventure that allowed me to push my limits and conquer my fears. The picturesque scenery, the rush of adrenaline, and the sense of accomplishment I felt after taking the leap made it an experience I will always cherish. This activity served as a reminder of the incredible things we can achieve when we overcome our apprehensions and embrace new and exciting challenges.