IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a popular place for sports
Describe a popular place for sports (e.g. a stadium) that you have been to
You should say:
Where it is
When you went there
What you did there
And explain how you felt about this place
Where it is:
- Identify the location of the sports venue, e.g. "I want to talk about the stadium in my hometown, which is called..."
- Use descriptive words to give a sense of the area surrounding the stadium, e.g. "It's situated in the heart of the city, surrounded by tall buildings and busy streets."
- Mention any unique features or landmarks that might help the listener picture the location, e.g. "It's right next to the famous concert hall, so you can hear music playing from there during breaks in the game."
When you went there:
- Specify the date or time period when you visited the stadium, e.g. "I went there last summer with some friends."
- Mention any special events or games that were happening when you went, e.g. "It was the opening game of the season, so there was a lot of excitement and anticipation in the air."
What you did there:
- Describe the activities you participated in or observed at the stadium, e.g. "We watched a soccer match between the local team and their rivals from a neighboring city."
- Provide details about the atmosphere and experience of being there, e.g. "There were thousands of fans cheering and chanting throughout the game, and the energy was really electric."
How you felt about this place:
- Share your personal impressions and emotions about the stadium, e.g. "I've been to many sports venues before, but this one really stood out to me because of its history and tradition."
- Use sensory language to convey the sights, sounds, and smells of the place, e.g. "The grass on the field was so green and lush, and the smell of popcorn and hot dogs wafted through the air."
- Express your overall feelings or opinions, e.g. "I left the stadium feeling inspired and energized, and I can't wait to go back again."
- "Let me tell you about..."
- "I have vivid memories of..."
- "One of my favorite things about this place is..."
- "I was really impressed by..."
- "It was such an incredible experience to..."
- "I would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves sports."